Saturday, November 24, 2007

Here Are A Couple Of Photos Of The Turkey Call ...



I received on my deer hunt in Foreman Arkansas. It was hand made by Billy B. Cobb for me. What a wonderful gift. It makes me want to go turkey hunting again! I will add this to my turkey call collection. This one is made out of Bois d Arc wood also called iron wood because it is so hard. The tree is also called Osage Orange or Horse Apple tree for its fruit. When we lived in Tyler, we had a huge tree at the back of our driveway which bore hundreds of the fruits every year. I have heard that if you sink a bunch of horse apples in the lake they will draw in a bunch of bait fish and in turn lots of crappie, catfish, bass, and perch who come to feast on the bait fish. I never got to try it but I bet it would work.

No comments: